Wednesday, May 14, 2014

IN PROGRESS: Arizona Schools Supt John Huppenthal Being Twitter-Attacked By Natl Conservative Pundit Re: Common Core

(UPDATE, 9am: Huppenthal's primary election opponent Diane Douglas is also on Twitter this morning, thanking Malkin and amplifying the tweets.)

* * *
Arizona Superintendent of Public Instruction John Huppenthal (R) finds himself the target of a concentrated Twitter attack this morning, by conservative pundit Michelle Malkin.

Malkin - with 703,000 Twitter followers - was upset by an article last night in the Arizona Capitol Times in which Huppenthal defended his support of Common Core educational standards by saying: "“I have put my career on the line to stave off the barbarians. I very likely could lose this election,” Huppenthal said. “I’m okay with that because I felt I did the right thing for this education system.”

As is her M.O., Malkin is calling on her "barbarians" to start rattling Huppenthal's gate, with a series of "ALERT" tweets.




We welcome your comments about this post. Or, if you have something unrelated on your mind, please e-mail to info-at-arizonaspolitics-dot-com or call 602-799-7025. Thanks.

No comments: