Tuesday, December 14, 2010

ITALY, A FOLLOW-UP: You Can Call Now, KJZZ; I'm Out Of My A.M. Meeting

We garnered a few good responses last week when we plugged KJZZ's End of Year Fund Drive and the deluxe trip to Italy they were dangling as an incentive.  We also promoted several other NPR and public stations around the state.

Well, the fund drive closed (though you can still pledge to any of the stations), and the results are in.  KJZZ reports raising more than $470,000 last week, from more than 6,000 listeners.  Very good results - especially coming pretty soon after their Fall Fund Drive.

And, though they promised to announce the winner of the 10-day Italy vacation yesterday, the website is silent.  I know, I know, I have been hard to reach this week;  but, I am by my phone now, KJZZ!  (Hope springs eternal.)

We welcome your comments about this post. Or, if you have something unrelated on your mind, please e-mail to info-at-arizonaspolitics-dot-com. Thanks.

No comments: